Palazzo Foscarini Giovanelli takes with it a prestigious past and a magniloquent charm of which large traces still remain today. Built in the mid-1500s according to the will of the Coccina family, jewelry dealers, in 1581 it is sold to the Florentine family of Luca Antonio Giunta and later, following the wedding between Lucrezia and Bianca Giusta and siblings Nicolò and Renier Foscarini, is inherited by the Foscarini, an ancient noble stock from Venice.
In 1755 the palace is granted to the Giovanelli, a family originally from Bergamo. In those years it is abode of illustrious personalities: besides Marco Foscarini, future 117th Doge of the Republic of Venice, in 1709 the palace welcomes within its walls the King of Denmark, Frederik Christian IV, and in 1771 the family of Leopold Mozart with his fifteen-year-old son Wolfgang Amadeus, the great music genius.
Within the palace are still admirable – perfectly kept in their beauty and restored under the supervision of the Soprintendenza delle Belle Arti di Venezia – original ceilings with exposed beams, frescoed wall rose windows with mythological figures by Giovanni Battista Zelotti, sixteenth-century stuccos and decorations, as well as a XVIII century secret passage in the apartment once belonged to the Doge, today exclusive Suite.